Prevent access to malicious sites
Application Control prevents threats from executing and running scripts, even if they bypass other security layers to get onto your device. This mitigates the risks posed by malicious, illegal, and unauthorized software in the corporate environment.
With Application Control you can:
- Identify and control which applications are allowed to run in your environment
- Identify trusted, authorized software automatically
- Prevent all other applications, whether malicious, untrusted, or simply unwanted from running
- Eliminate unknown and unwanted applications in your environment to reduce complexity and risk
- Monitor all applications running within the endpoint environment
Finally, you can use it to block applications from running scripts, for example:
- Prevent all Microsoft Office applications from running PowerShell scripts
- Prevent all Microsoft Office applications from running Batch scripts
Application control works based on rules created by our penetration testers that cover attack vectors used to breach into corporate environments. Alternatively, the administrator can define the rules based on various criteria, such as the application name or version.